About Chad "Savage" George
Chad is a Blackbelt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, a veteran MMA fighter with over 26 professional fights, 15 year active career and a pioneer of the bantamweight division. When Chad first started fighting he had to travel outside the country to fight as it was not legal yet in California. In 2005 Chad fought in the very first sanctioned MMA event in Santa Monica.
Since then, Chad has fought for some of the most prestigious organizations such as WEC (now the UFC), Bellator and has battled against the toughest opposition in the world. The popular documentary “Occupation: Fighter” was filmed about Chad’s life in the sport and achieved world-wide recognition and awards on netflix and itunes. Still available now.
In 2017 Chad became the very first ever Combat Jiu Jitsu World Champion. A tournament in which 8 of the best blackbelts were selected to compete in a single night. Chad Submitted all of his opponents. With Chad’s passion for teaching and a drive to give back, he retired from fighting in 2019.
Chad’s dream was to open a gym that he could share his knowledge with the average person and fighters alike in a family atmosphere where anyone can train and be a part of a positive and motivating family. In 2014, this is how California Mixed Martial Arts was born.
Accolades & Accomplishments
- 1st Degree Jiu Jitsu Black Belt
- 18-8 Professional MMA record (15 finishes)
- WEC & Bellator Veteran
- 3x IBJJF Nogi World Champion (Blue, Purple Brown)
- IBJJF Nogi Blackbelt Masters World Silver Medalist
- Metamoris Challengers Champion
- 4x Naga Champion
- 1st Ever Combat Jiu Jitsu Bantamweight World Champion
- Fight to Win Veteran
- EBI Veteran
- Subject of acclaimed documentary Occupation: Fighter
Notable Athletes Chad has coached:
- Josh Barnett (Former UFC heavyweight Champion)
- Lyoto Machida (Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion)
- Pedro Munhoz (Currently UFC #5 Bantamwieght in the world)
- Miakel Perez Former LFA World Champion
- Victor Henry (Rizin #1 Bantamweight & #1 Ranked Bantamweight fighter not signed to UFC)
- Weber Almeida (Undefeated Bellator Featherweight Contender)
- Chase Gibson (Contender Series & Combate America Veteran)
- Cooper Gibson (Bellator & Combate America Veteran)
- Dominic Clark (Bellator & Combate American Veteran)